I look forward to typing this post each year and especially look forward to writing it this year as we enter a new decade! I cannot believe we are going into 2020, especially since 2010 feels like it was yesterday and decades ago all at the same time. I always enjoy this time of reflection, not only to reflect on the previous year, but to prepare for the upcoming year and decade! I have accomplished SO incredibly much in these ten years and have also accomplished so much this past year. This year has not been a year of exponential growth for my blog, but it has brought so much growth in so many other areas of my life.
I attended all of my closest friends and family’s bridal showers, bachelorette weekends, and weddings, which was so special to be part of so many wonderful events in people’s lives. I continued to power through my masters degree and started working on my thesis, while continuing to work full time in public health, and while working part-time as a graduate assistant for a university. I had my own bridal shower, bachelorette party wedding (the best day of my life), and honeymoon! I also took a leap of faith and applied for my dream job, was offered the position and we packed up our apartment and moved to Phoenix!
This year has truly been the year where I grew more than I’ve ever grown. I discovered my true passions in life, married the love of my life, and picked myself up during some difficult times. When I thought I couldn’t continue working full-time, or couldn’t finish a difficult semester, or I couldn’t apply for a job that I wasn’t experienced enough for, I pushed myself to look beyond those limiting beliefs and told myself that I COULD do it and that I was capable of anything I set my mind and heart to do. This past year taught me more about myself and more about life than I could have ever imagined. It also showed me who is truly there for me and will always be there for me, no matter what.
2019 was my year and I’m going to enter 2020 with a passion to continue to do what I love, serve people unconditionally, and continue to crush goals!
My goals for 2020:
- Attend church once a week, every single week, and read my devotional daily. I didn’t make time for my faith last year, which is one regret I do have from 2019. I told myself I didn’t have time to spend with Jesus, this year, I’m going to make time.
- Lose 20 pounds (working full-time while going to school has caught up to me so I’m going to lose what I gained this year). I plan to completely change my diet and workout 6 days a week. Charlie and I are starting a fitness Instagram to hold ourselves accountable, post before and after pictures, and share recipes/workouts that work for us- follow our journey @jcinchfit
- Dry January! My husband and I are both accepting and not going to have one sip of alcohol for the month of January.
- Be more conscious of the products I buy- cleaning supplies, detergents, makeup, food and drinks, etc. I started doing more research about harmful chemicals and toxins in products and it is TERRIFYING. I’ve always known about harmful chemicals and toxins in food and products, but I was in denial because I did not want to change my ways. This year, I am going to make conscious decisions and be a smart consumer by purchasing clean, safe, cruelty free products. I will share my favorite products with you all soon!
- Stop caring what other people think and stop comparing! This is so hard with social media and I’m not going to consume myself anymore by doing what other people think I should do or do what I think other people would want me to do.
I wish you all a happy and healthy 2020!